Saturday, November 29, 2008

All hail the dead puppy girl!

Tonight's show went crazy. So many things went wrong. On purpose...It was intense.

-There were these two stagehands who constantly make out back stage. It gets SO annoying. They have this little stairwell (the one that leads to the fire exit) where they spend all their time eating each other's faces off. We got so sick of it, we decided we'd put an end to it. Sierra told them that Miss Hanson was looking for them during intermission. While they were away, we ran in there and dumped water all over the steps. We really wanted them to sit in the water, but Mr. DuBois found the water first (Kelly quickly said he accidently dropped his water bottle). Chiaka was the funniest. We told her what we were planning so she wouldn't be worried when we ran in with buckets of water. She was like, "Do what ever you want, but make sure it doesn't touch the props." Then we found her backstage snickering to herself. Then at one point she passed me and was like, "We have hot water too." For those of you who don't know Chiaka, it's really fun to see her willing to pull a prank or something. She's this perfect girl who's always got everything under control. Rediculously under control. Seriously, I think she has magic abilities.

-Every night Sierra and I have had movements we've had to work into the show (I'd demonstrate, but it's kind of hard to do with text. At any rate, it's REALLY hard to work things like that in my character). Tonight we had three. It was really hard.

-Sierra actually managed to squeeze a "That would be wigga-wigga-wack" into one of her lines

-At one point Eliza says, "Do my clothes belong to me or to colonal Pickering?" (Pickering pays for the clothes at the beginning). Higgens says, "What would Pickering do with your clothes?". Tonight, Raf (who plays Pickering) ran on stage in a skirt. It was brief, but the whole audiance saw it.. They laughed. Really hard.





Oh, also, apparently I'm fameous at NIST (one of the other international schools in Bangkok). I'm known as 'the dead puppy girl'. Their drama teacher was the guest director at CC (yeah, we went all the way to Manila to be taught by someone from Bangkok). At one point someone asked me how I make myself cry. I was like, "Oh, I dunno. I just go backstage and think of dead puppies and stuff..." They came to the show. When I came on stage, I guess the director turned to her students and was like, "That's the dead puppy girl!

1 comment:

Chelle said...

You are one funny broad. And I applaud your use of The Man Who Knew Too Little. Wigga-Wigga-Wack!