Friday, November 14, 2008

So, I just had the weirdest dream...

I was playing DS and I guess I dozed off during some of the between-the-action things (admittedly, even the 'action' parts of this game aren't very...'actiony'). Anyway, onto the dream!

It started when we were going home to Utah. I was really upset because my parents had been like, "Okay! Let's go home!" without giving me any warning. So, I didn't get to say good bye to my friends.
Driving through Midway was sad because EVERYTHING had changed (all these new houses and areas and stuff). I even saw one sign that said, "Welcome to Park City!" I was like, "Midway's gotten that big?"
So, we went to church for a fireside or something. I sat there sniffling for a while...

PLOT GAP

Now...I was still in the changed Midway area...but I was kind of elsewhere too. I had met a bunch of people and joined this group thing. I guess they got a lot of new members every so often and were thrilled to have us. We were almost like the Lost Boys. It was pretty fun!
Suddenly, as I was adjusting to the group, the leader girl was like, "Okay, guys. Get ready for whale feeding!" Everyone was like, "Aww..." and I was like, "Whale feeding?" She explained to me the main purpose of our group. Feeding this particular giant whale.
She told me to find something of mine that I would be willing to part with to feed the whale. My pile of stuff pretty much consisted of shoes (holes in them), Pickles' favorite toy, and a little plastic red thing that looked like a baby toy. I couldn't give up the shoes (I gotta have shoes!) and I didn't want to throw away Pickles' favorite toy, so that left me with the baby toy. But I felt bad because Marian had given it to me for my birthday and she was there.
But, finally, I decided to go with the toy. I tried to make a big deal out of how much it sucked that I had to give up the toy for Marian's benefit.
And, now, it was time for whale feeding.
We all piled in our little car...boat...thing and drove to the river (which we lived on so I don't know why we drove there). We stood on this wooden platform and waited for the whale. As we waited, the leader girl told me to hold out my offering when he comes. I'd know when it was okay to let go.
The whale came up out of the water and began to inhale like crazy (like Lord JabuJabu in Ocarina of Time). Everyone ran up, let go of their offering (so it would suck into the thing's mouth), and ran back. My baby toy made a pretty noise as it got sucked into the whale's mouth.
When the whale left, everyone was like, "All right. Now the hard part."
We climed into the bus/boat and got ready to go. Everyone was a bit pale. I was like, "What's going on here?" The leader lady explained it to me.
She told me that we couldn't just feed the whale. Now we had to be rammed by the whale (I don't know why. It made perfect sense in the dream). Basically, we would float there and wait for the whale. It would eventually come and ram into us (hard). We would abandon ship as fast as possible (I mentioned how expensive it must be to get a new ship every day. One of the guys was like, "Yeah, that's why it's not a very good ship."
The drive to the place where we were to be rammed was different than the drive to feeding it. This time, everyone was quiet. And, I noticed, everyone was wearing their seatbelts. I scurried for mine and realized my foot was caught under the guy sitting in the seat in front of me. I tried to pull it out discreetly, but he was like, "Dude, this seat is taken!" I was like, "You're sitting on my foot!" and he was like, "Oh. Sorry." He let me have my foot back. So, I bucked my seatbelt and watched the road go by nervously.
We made it to the river thing and drove into the middle of it. Everyone began bracing themselves the best way possible. I was like, "Now we just wait?" the guy next to me was like, "Now we just wait." One of the guys in the front was like, "DRAAAMAAATIIIIC!" but nobody really laughed.
As I sat there, bracing myself, the thought occured to me that maybe this was a dream. I decided that, indeed, it was a dream and that meant I probably wasn't going to see the car/boat rammed by the whale. Which was kind of sad since this was the climax of the story.
Then I woke up.

No comments: