Saturday, May 31, 2008

Musical!


The results are in! Next years musical will be My Fair Lady! What do I think of this? Well...I'm not sure. I love My Fair Lady! Eliza is a to-die for role. Except for one problem. She's also the ONLY role. So, basically, I'm either the lead or chorus. There's nothing in between. Except for a couple of non-singing roles.

I'm also worried about our extreme lack of guys. This show needs a whole mess of really strong guys that we don't have. We have a couple of super-talented guys, but not enough. Also, they're all basses (at least, all of the ones I've ever heard sing). We don't have tenors in theatre.

I've been given a shopping list. I need to find a bunch of stuff. My main concern is shoes. She wants character shoes that are ankle-high and lace up. It's hard to find shoes in my size! I'm also worried about a plain straw hat. I've already been looking for one for Colin's birthday (he wanted one) and couldn't find one. So, now I REALLY need it and am no closer to finding it!

Anyway, I imagine I'm going to spend a lot of time over the summer polishing my Cockney accent. And my British accent. Gosh, after Christmas Carol I was like "YEAH! No more Cockney! w00t!" So...out of the frying pan and into the fire.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

That'll be awesome, Amber! Have you already auditioned? Good luck. :) And, good luck finding your shoes and hats...it seems like it shouldn't be that hard to find a straw hat in Thailand...just go ask one of those guys hanging off the back of a truck.