Sunday, February 8, 2009

I'm getting worse at this blogging thing. Sorry about that!

Anyway, what shall I blog about first? Well, my sister and her roommate came to Thailand! It's actually kind of really annoying because while I'm at Ms Hanson's useless rehearsals, Whitney, Brian, and Michelle are off on adventures. But that's okay. The time I do get to spend with them is fantastic, so it's worth it!

But, seriously, Ms Hanson is slowly making me lose my mind. I could tell she was planning to put me in the play with the girl who violently throws up all over the stage. I told her, "Ms Hanson, I can't do that. I'm too squeamish" but she was like, "Well, it won't be real vomit" and I was like, "I know. But I'll still probably throw up." She was like, "Just do it anyway". So, I went in the corner and stressed about what the heck I was going to do until Ms Hanson called us to each try the hurling. I just about threw up watching Phoebe and Sierra try. I had to leave go backstage and gather myself. Sierra brought me a water bottle after she was done, which was nice.

Anyway, I ended up with Shea being my husband and Marian and Kelly being the other couple in Life x3. I've never really gotten to act with Marian, so I was pretty excited! At first I had high hopes for the play. It had a pretty funny script. But, in trying to cut for time, Ms Hanson has effectively cut out all the funny lines. There's also no build. So, we're all snacking on Cheeze-its one minute, and freaking out the next. It's weird. Some of the lines don't make sense too. There's one part where Shea and I are talking and I say something and the baby starts crying. Then Shea is like, "Now you've made him cry!" But, I didn't say anything loud. There was build to that in the script, which leads to her shouting before he says that, but she cut that out. There's also a part where we're just kind of talking and Shea's like, "Everybody calm down! We need to keep a sense of proportion!" but, once again, we're not upset when he says that. It's really odd...Hopefully we'll be able to make the characters funny enough without the script.

But, a few weeks ago she told us we would be having no rehearsal on Tuesday. So, with aunts and uncles here we thought that would be a great time to go to the Floating Market. The day before, Ms Hanson changed her mind. We had to be there. So, we changed all our Floating market plans and had to be back at the school by two, so that cut out the second half of the day. In the car, I was panicking we weren't going to go to make it in time. Finally, we got to the school and I raced into the theatre. Ms Hanson wasn't there. 45 minutes later, she walks in and is like, "Sorry, give me five minutes". At this point, I was really annoyed. So, we set up the stage and the Life actors sat backstage while she ran Carnage. And we sat. And we sat. And we sat. Yep, you guessed it. She never rehearsed us. I sat backstage the whole rehearsal. I was pretty mad.

And now it's dream time!


I can't really remember the beginning. It had something to do with Animal Crossing and going to the city. But the city looked a lot like the one in Harvest Moon. Anyway, after that part that I can't remember, there was something about figthing battles for a resistance of some sort. I had these two friends who were with me through two epic battles that I barely remember before we met up with the rest of the resistance. One of my friends was talking to one of the resistance girls about their hats. The resistance girl was like, "I like to put things from battles I've won on my hat!" She had these crystal things on her hat. My friend was like, "That's so cool!" and proceeded to put things on her hat.

Then there was a giant white fuzzy monster in this giant kitchen! It was supposed to be my kitchen, but I was really small. Anyway, we couldn't figure out how to take the monster down and I knew we would have to do it strategicially. I went in there and started pretending to be the monster's friend. I climbed up on his shoulder and pulled out a bag of fruit loops. I fed them to him one by one in his tiny tiny mouth. Eventually, he got dizzy (because, apparently, Fruit Loops make you dizzy) and fell (which was scary because I was tiny and on his shoulder). I ran out to the troops and was like, "Go go go! Now!" They flew in and were ready to attack, but it failed. He was mad and got up and got ready to attack. We all jumped on this little car thing and were running away trying to think of another plan. As I was thinking, Chanele and her sister Brooke were there. They pulled food out of their bags and were discussing it. It looked delicious, but I was worried it would alert the monster. Then I thought of a plan using fluffy orange tabby cats like Pickles. I was worried about using Pickles, because the monster might have seen him in the house, but there was a major lack of fluffy orange tabbys in our resistance. Someone had a white fluffy cat, so I was trying to figure out some way I could sneak that one in there.

Then I woke up.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Oh, I totally would have given Ms. Hansen a piece of my mind! How ridiculous to make you change all of your family plans just to make you sit there! It makes me mad just thinking about it...

I totally wish I could be there with you guys right now - it sounds like you're having so much fun...I miss you!