Thursday, October 23, 2008

After ten years, I've finally done it.

Yes. I finally beat the best game ever created: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Over the years, I've tried to finish it multiple times. But every time something got in the way. In the beginning, it was Jabu Jabu's belly. It was disgusting. And I couldn't find my way around. Hey, I was seven! That's a pretty hard-core game for a seven-year-old!

Then, I tried several more times. I got really far once. But then I kept getting bored trying to do the same stuff I had done before. I finished the first half of the game a good eight or nine times. A few years ago I was like, "Okay. This is rediculous. I'm going to finish this game!" So, I started playing again. I got super far. I was going to finish! Then...we moved. And we left the 64 behind. So, I had to start over again (downloading the game onto my Wii).

I finally got all the way through this time! There were some times I wanted to throw the controler through the screen and watch that stupid fairy go up in sparks. There were times I wanted to take that master sword and jam it down Link's throat. But, fortunatley, that's not an option in the game. So, I just played it instead.

I maintain my belief that this is the greatest game ever created. It's absolutley spectacular. The graphics (for 1998) are beautiful, the world is huge (something fairly new when this came out), the puzzles are clever, and the plot is fascinating.

Though, I do wonder how the heck this game got an E rating...


This stuff's enough to give any child nightmares.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I have never felt quite as proud as I do at this moment. :)

Chelle said...

I have the 64. :)

Chelle said...

Only... in contrast to you- I actually suck at all forms of nintendo games. I did play a rousing game of Mario Party last night, though!