Thursday, September 11, 2008

Dreams!

So, I've had a couple of dreams. Let me tell you about them!

So, first there was this guy. He really wanted to go out with me. He asked me week after week to the big dance (because apparently we have a big dance every Friday). One day, I found him at my house. I was upset. I went downstairs and complained to my mom. She was like, "Just go with him once" but I was like, "Then he'll think we're going out and I'll have to go with him again and again and again and again!"
Suddenly, there was a different guy standing outside the glass door waving at me. We were super heroes, you see. He was like, "Amber! We have to go! Emergency!" I was like, "YES! Escape excuse!" and ran out to meet him. My powers keep changing throughout the dream, but at this point one of my powers was making my body light in the wind (like in Shugo Chara with Amulet Heart). I made myself light and grabbed the guy's hand so we could fly away. The annoying dance going guy saw me and, to my surprise, it bothered me. I wanted to explain, but we were already up, up, and away! I looked back at the super-hero guy and was like, "How odd. 20 minutes ago I didn't have any guys to be confused about...and now I have two."
We kept flying and passing these big, square tombstones that were from a previous battle. The villain had somehow tried to kill everyone and had made tombstones for them, but he didn't succeed. I wondered if there was a tombstone for me since I was at the battle. They were passing us in alphabetical order and I was waiting for my name to pop up. The tombstone that was supposed to come before mine had a guy sunbathing on top of it. There was no tombstone for me.
We landed a ways away. The super hero guy was like, "Let's take this!" and grabbed a little beat-up buggy type thing that looked like it belonged to Robin. We jumped on but, when superhero guy tried to start it, it just backed up suddenly. I was like, "I'll take care of this" and used my powers, which at this point were something to do with electricity, to start it. We drove to this big, really cool indoor garden thing. The last of the civilians were fleeing and the room was left full of super heroes!
We darted in to help. There was a villain there who had the ability to turn sticks (like, the kind you get off of trees) into monsters. This part was visually really cool! The sticks would turn into these people - generally pale or blue skinned. The girls were wearing torn Lolita dresses and the boys had nice pants, a dress shirt, and cool striped vests. A bunch of these monsters started toward us and we backed up as one. I accidentally stepped out of my shoe and noticed there was red in it. I was like, "Is my foot bleeding?" but I didn't have time to worry about it. There were too many monsters.
I reached into my pocket and found a button. I threw it at one of the monsters and it got distracted by the shiny. I was like, "Ah-ha! They get distracted easily!"
The villain, I guess, hadn't known that either. She was like, "Cool!" and stopped the monsters. She turned to us and said, "Okay, how about we try and distract them? I'll send five, and you five throw stuff at them three times. Then I'll stop them...hm...maybe I shouldn't be doing this...oh well! Ready?" I started searching myself for stuff I could throw. I had my hat, and I could break the buttons off my jacket, and the one shoe that I still had... "Go! Throw something!" We did. After a while she was like, "Throw something else!" This went on for a while before the villain got tired of it and sent more monsters to finish us. I had two running after me - a pale girl wearing a blue Sweet Loli dress that she shouldn't have been wearing because she was fat, and a smaller girl wearing a purple Sweet Loli dress that was too big for her.
Two was too much for me to handle! I saw Sierra standing over by the side doing nothing so I was like, "Sierra! Help me!" she just stood there. "Sierra! Help me!" I guess she thought it was a joke because she just smiled. "SIERRA! HELP ME!" someone else was like, "Just help her, man!" So, Sierra grabbed the fat one. I grabbed the little one and pushed her back really hard. Somehow she got caught hanging on a laundry line. This part was also really cool visually. Her dress splayed out in the wind as she hung there and I was like, "Ohmygosh. It's the cover of the book!" because I guess we were in a book. I was like, "I caused the cover of the book! That's so cool!"
Then I woke up.

Next dream!

I can't remember all of this dream because it was insanely long. But I know we were on a mission of some sort. There was a big group of us trekking through the mountains. We came to this mansion on top of a hill "We should set up base there". But to get there we had to climb this insanely slippery, muddy slope. Evenutally everyone got up, but all this stuff was still at the bottom. "I'll go get it" I sighed. I slid down the slope, put on a bunch of the clothes that were left, and climbed back up. "Okay, someone's sweater...a backpack...pair of shorts..." it went on for a while as I slowly stripped other people's clothes off and gave them back. Ben delightedly took a picture when I was wearing some guy's swimming suit on top of my own clothes.
It took several trips to get everyone's stuff. The last time I slid down, there was all this Mario stuff. Like, a star and a Fireflower and stuff like that. So, I gathered it all up and went back up the slope for the last time.
Plot gap!
4 of us were trying to break onto this spaceship looking thing that had landed near the mansion. I guess that was our mission. Once we got on, we were met with quite a disturbing sight. There were thousands of people sitting in these chairs, all wearing white, and just staring forward. There were several levels of these chairs. They had been brainwashed. We tried to sneak on, but were caught. The 'caretakers' dressed us in white and left us waiting to be brainwashed. One of the other girls turned to me and was like, "Try to think of the thing that matters most to you. Maybe they can wipe our minds, but they can't touch something so deeply etched into our soul". I tried to think of my family.
Plot gap! There are lots of these, unfortunatly.
I'm not sure if we escaped or what, but we were trying to stir up rebellion. It was hard to convince the people of anything because they had the minds of a six year old. One who doesn't listen. Since we had been dressed in white, the 'caretakers' had a hard time catching us. We'd just take an empty chair and stare vacantly at the seat in front of us. I set up base on an empty chair on the top level.
Slowly, the rebellion was growing. We convinced people by weaving intricate tales of their old home. Of the world. We told them about grass and trees and even the muddy slope I had to climb. But nothing convinced them so thorougly as rain. They loved our stories about rain. Rain would bring bits of their memories back to them. Each time the 'caretakers' caught someone actualy thinking, it would be right back to the mindsweeping. But, slowly, it was getting hard for them to keep up. We had sacrificed a lot to get here - one of the original 4 rebels, Scott was his name apparently, had been brainwashed multiple times and even shot once.
Plot gap. This is the suckiest gap. I can only imagine how awesome this part was.
We won! Somehow we had crashed the ship and all the people were free. They were looking at wonder at their surroundings and re-discovering family members. I, myself, found my little sister who had been captured at a young age.
Suddenly, water started falling. I looked up to see if the ship was leaking, but found myself lookingn at dark clouds and listening to thunder.
It was raining.
I burst into tears as everyone looked to the sky. I hadn't seen rain for years. Suddenly, I realized it was my sister's birthday. I told her so and a little kid came up to me. "Hey, why is it your sister's birthday?"
"Why? How come?"
"Because the day your sister was born, my mama was captured"
Then I woke up.

2 comments:

Chelle said...

I'm glad you're... normal. :)

Lindsay said...

Okay, so most of my dreams would go something like this:

.....